* Sports Clubs
It was reputed that rugby was first played in Felinfoel during 1873-74 under the captaincy of William Yalden Neville, and strongly supported by the local industrialists, the Johns and Nevilles. The Ground was on the present site of the filter beds and Llanelli and Swansea played there in 1875-76.
In January 1878, Llanelli again visited the ground and were defeated by a goal and four tries to nil in a 16-a-side encounter.
Felinfoel have produced 16 senior internationals with the first being William Morris in 1896-1897. In 1937-38 W.H. Clement became secretary of the Welsh Rugby Union. Elvet Jones (1939) became President of Llanelli RFC. Phill Bennett O.B.E captained the British Lions in 1969.
Call or visit our website for more information.